Remote Control Question

cwolf78

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 7, 2005
Messages
456
I want to use my Harmony 880 to control certain programs on my XP Pro computer ... what do I need ? Thanks !
 
One option would be to get the Microsoft MCE remote control and IR receiver - I think xp pro has the drivers out of the box. Set your harmony remote to MCE. Then there are a few different programs to let you assign things like key-strokes and windows actions - these include girder and intelliremote. There are lots of others as well.
 
Yeah... I am using XP Pro (64-bit) and it will not recognize my old MCE remote/IR sensor:mad:
 
What programs do you want to control? I'm using a USBUIRT (usb IR receiver) and Girder (pay for software) to give me some more flexibility over what I want to control. depending on what you want to do, it may or may not be overkill
 
Back
Top