Remembering Max

Max is one of my favorite games, and I still play it once in a while.

Good to hear the sound is fixed on Win 7, I'll try it later.

I remember playing MP1 on a projector at LAN parties using my Radeon 9600 for dual screen. I would play on my monitor while everybody watched with the sound turned all the way up.

I am sorry for your sucky 1st max payne experience with the crap xbox port of max payne it looked and controlled like ass.

and max payne only ran in 480p on xbox making your 1080I in the TV useless since the game was running in 480p. Hell 99% of the time the xbox 360 dont even use 1080i and some games dont even hit 720p it has a crap upscaling chip and the ps3 dont even bother to upscale 99% of the time since it does not have a chip for upscaling.

Hell 99.9% of xbox 1 games did not even get to 720p.

but it could have been worse you could have played on on the ps2 or somthing.

and I would love to see this magic flat screen CRT.. my sony xbr960 HDTV crt is 200pounds and not flat.

KD34XBR960_1.gif

Hah! Thanks for a good laugh. I knew someone would come in and say that. I knew the xbox couldn't out higher than 480p. I was just describing what I had. I also had Thoroughbred-B at 2.4ghz at the time I played it, but who cares about what system I had in a max payne nostalgia thread.

You better have a 19" CRT hooked into that bad boy.
No, I don't have a 19 inch crt, just an old 19" dell LCD.

You do realize that NO ONE from the D2 team worked on D3, right?
Actually, I wasn't aware that none of the team from D2 worked on D3. I stopped following the development of Diablo about 8 years ago. I will say that given the issues I've had even trying to log in that I kind of wish I had picked up MP3.

Last edited:
there is one thing I miss from MP1 that didn't make it to MP2 New York Minute Mode. (for those of you who never played that mode, you have 1 minute to beat the game. as you progress and kill foes it adds a couple seconds to your time.. it was most frantic fun times i've had in a shooter.

there is one thing I miss from MP1 that didn't make it to MP2 New York Minute Mode. (for those of you who never played that mode, you have 1 minute to beat the game. as you progress and kill foes it adds a couple seconds to your time.. it was most frantic fun times i've had in a shooter.

Sounds like a reason to rage for no reason. Never touched that mode.

Back