• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Remember the Bp6 ?

menlatin

Gawd
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
612
Well, i was diggin in my garage looking for some static wrap, and i ran across my old bp6. This little sucker was my 1st buddy entering the world of [H]ard core computing. Now, my memory is a little shaddy, but does anyone know WTF i was trying to do with this little mod. I'm not sure if it was a voltage mod, or maybe i was just fixing something, but those of you who delt with these ground breaking (heh) boards, can i get your insight?

bp1.jpg


bp2.jpg
 
looks like a crappy job for a voltage regulator mod, whats the number on the transistor?
 
I used a Abit BP6-based rig from December '99 to July '05. Great mobo.

No... can't quite tell what you were doing there, though... :eek: Whatever it is, I can assume the mobo no longer works?
 
i see 317T and QSA927 , Motorola

Actually, i thikn it stil works. I remeber i got copper paste (oh yeah, you remeber that stuff) on a couple of the top pins of one of the celerons, then the other one died the same way later. I was most upset. Damn copper paste.

Anyone got any 300a's or 366's layin around!?!?>! :D
 
used one of those for a while , 366 @ 618 was an easy stable ic and 2 of them was great, not that anything used dual cpus back then aside from quake lol
 
I used mine up to about a year ago, got some bad caps.
Abit wouldn't fix it, but offered me $120 in credit on any abit board at newegg.
So i got a 775 based mb, sold it on ebay for $100.

not bad after 4+ years of service.

I think i've still got a couple 366's laying around my place somewhere.
 
Wasn't there a mod you could do to run coppermines in them? I think I remember a ton of people doing this before the VP6 came out.
 
Back
Top