Remember Step-Thermodynamics?

I had one of their modified Athlon 500@650

The cooler was front and back, oddly enough:
cWlvG.jpg

Of course I ended up with a crap OCZ goldfinger and a crap mobo (FIC SD11)... shouldn't have spent all of my money on the CPU :D

It's too bad that they went down the crapper.

i had one of their CPU's. it was a 366A. it cost like 2$ more then the cheapest price on pricewatch and included a heat sink, fan and guaranteed 550mhz. the odd thing about them is they put the cpu core and the heat sink in a press or something and bonded them together. the heat sink was just a single one of the three from the screenshot and it matched high end coolers in performance at 1/3 the size. the aluminum was much softer then normal aluminum i seen coolers made out of. they where rather unique.

Wow that's bizarre, I think I had gotten out of the CPU game around the time whatever this was must have been going around. I spent everything I had in the world on a 300A when they were hot stuff and the best bang for the buck and lived on that thing for like 4 or 5 years heh. This looks pretty sweet though, had I been into custom builds like that I probably would have gone for it.

i had one of their CPU's. it was a 366A. it cost like 2$ more then the cheapest price on pricewatch and included a heat sink, fan and guaranteed 550mhz. the odd thing about them is they put the cpu core and the heat sink in a press or something and bonded them together. the heat sink was just a single one of the three from the screenshot and it matched high end coolers in performance at 1/3 the size. the aluminum was much softer then normal aluminum i seen coolers made out of. they where rather unique.

Yeah my Athlon was the same way with the bonding (but on 3 like the photo), they said it was some acrylic ester stuff.

It was an eggshell color and a bit shiny where it pressed out past the edges.

Back