Remember Microsoft PowerToys? Windows 10 Is Getting Them

sknight

Limp Gawd
Microsoft is resurrecting the PowerToys project. Designed for power users, these utilities may include a keyboard shortcut manager, a batch file renamer, and a window manager that can change window layouts when you dock or undock a laptop.

The PowerToys project originally launched for Windows 95. It included a package of useful utilities. The most famous was TweakUI, which provided an interface for configuring obscure settings in Windows that would otherwise require editing the Windows registry. Windows XP also received a set of PowerToys applications. Full lists of the included PowerToys are available on Wikipedia.

Microsoft largely discontinued PowerToys after Windows XP, but now they’re coming back. This time, the PowerToys project is open-source with the source code available on Microsoft’s GitHub.

For the full article see here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/413859/remember-microsoft-powertoys-windows-10-is-getting-them/

I used SyncToy until recently. It was great for backup copies.

I already have the PowerToys Calculator installed on Win10.
You can get the old ones running without much difficulty.

I used SyncToy until recently. It was great for backup copies.

I've been using SyncToy for a decade now. It really is the easiest way to make a live backup of files (i.e not some Windows Backup archive file).

Free File Sync is supposedly better,. but it's only marginally so.

I've been using SyncToy for a decade now. It really is the easiest way to make a live backup of files (i.e not some Windows Backup archive file).

Free File Sync is supposedly better,. but it's only marginally so.
I used it forever until Comcast raised their bandwidth limits. Now I just pay for a lot of space on One Drive. It was great. I didn;t have enough patience to figure out Free File Sync when I tried it long long ago.

Back