Remember in 2015 we will turn it around... #nopreorders

H1Z1 (whatever the SOE game was) made all sorts of promises when people were pre-ordering and, once the game launched, they intro'd P2W airdrops (then nerfed those "drops" after a major crapfest all over the internet)
Isn't this game still only an early access game? In which case players should expect major changes to the game.

ITT: the majority saying "naw fuck that I'm preordering anyway because trinkets and bonuses aw yea" - OP may as well have this thread locked and closed

If people don't stop the industry won't change their anti-consumer practices and we, the consumer, will continue to get bent over without Vaseline. Apparently this is an acceptable trade to most for getting extra swag that's just fluff. :/

ITT: the majority saying "naw fuck that I'm preordering anyway because trinkets and bonuses aw yea" - OP may as well have this thread locked and closed

If people don't stop the industry won't change their anti-consumer practices and we, the consumer, will continue to get bent over without Vaseline. Apparently this is an acceptable trade to most for getting extra swag that's just fluff. :/

Cry to the mods to close the thread because it backfired? How about no. If anything, OP learned a few valuable lessons:

A) lame bandwagon-protest threads are pointless
B) don't tell other people how to spend their money

The "industry" will continue to deliver what is demanded of it - preorders, DLC, whatever - the majority continues to vote yes. Don't like it, find another hobby.

One man's fluff is another man's fancy ;) ... do the behind the scenes DVDs I get with some CE's add anything to the game (probably not) but I enjoy watching how the sausage gets made sometimes ... art books certainly don't improve the game play but for the aficionado they can be very enjoyable

we also have to be careful about trying to lump everything in one bucket ... if people were preordering every game made that would certainly be an issue ... but cherry picking specific titles should be up to the user ... does it have some risk (certainly) ... but for the aficionado it can also have rewards too

Back