Remember Goldeneye? Now on the HL2 engine!

I didn't get too deep into the link, but the mod would be cool if the WHOLE game was remade including the single player mode in GE. Its still the only FPS game that I have ever completed to this day. Other FPS's make me mad and then I quit.

Best games ever made:

1) Bomberman 5 (Super Faimacom)
2) Golden Eye (N64)
3) Mario 64 (N64)
4) Legend of Zelda Links Awakening (SNES)
5) Secret of Mana (SNES)
6) Final Fantasy 7 (PS1)
7) Age Of Empires 2 (PC)

8) not a videogame, but chess is real fun if you are not frustrated by it.

can you tell I haven't posted in a while?

:p

Yep I heard about this mod befor. I hope that they do the remake well. One of my favorite games of all time.

I want my couger magnum :)

I enjoyed the game too, but I think that's because it was ahead of its time. When compared to modern FPSs (as this will) it won't be nearly as popular nor seem as good.

kick@ss said:
I enjoyed the game too, but I think that's because it was ahead of its time. When compared to modern FPSs (as this will) it won't be nearly as popular nor seem as good.

Yes but it still could be amazing. Fun anyway... a little nostalgia.

This has great potential, Goldeneye was the best console FPS I've ever played. Have great memories with this game, hopefully they dont butcher it.

Wow, I so want this, I played Goldeneye multiplayer so much one summer. I bet we logged over 1000 hours playing that damn game, and Perfect Dark too. N64 was a good system.

There was one for the original HL too, but it wasn't too great(due to it not being completed). This one looks awesome though, as does the Perfect Dark Mod, I really need to upgrade so I can run source smoothly...

Loosely related, this seems to be shaping up nicely.

I'm totally all about this. MINES of all kinds... mmmmmmmmm wonder if they can add different mods like the N64 edition... dual pistols or paintball mode :p

awsome, if this turns out and they are able to duplicate the original! awsome jobs - i would pay for a mod like this.

i dont tihnk they can butcher it if all they want to do is re-create the original.

i would not be suprised if these guys pull this off if Nintendo, or what ever company makes goldeye could buy it and sell it - much like activision took tactical Ops for unreal tournament.

Legions of Microsoft robots will march upon this young man's house at any moment. Enjoy the show.

Hobbes874 said:
Legions of Microsoft robots will march upon this young man's house at any moment. Enjoy the show.

Hate to say it, but I'm thinking the same thing.
This has copyright infringement written all over it :(

And holy crap, Perfect Dark mod! I would love to see that even more than Goldeneye... I liked it even more for some reason. Even though both were great :)

Isaacav2 said:
I didn't get too deep into the link, but the mod would be cool if the WHOLE game was remade including the single player mode in GE. Its still the only FPS game that I have ever completed to this day. Other FPS's make me mad and then I quit.

Best games ever made:

1) Bomberman 5 (Super Faimacom)
2) Golden Eye (N64)
3) Mario 64 (N64)
4) Legend of Zelda Links Awakening (SNES)
5) Secret of Mana (SNES)
6) Final Fantasy 7 (PS1)
7) Age Of Empires 2 (PC)

8) not a videogame, but chess is real fun if you are not frustrated by it.

can you tell I haven't posted in a while?

:p

I'm sorry, but Mario Kart most definitly deserves a spot on that list. Probably one of the best multiplayer games ever, behind goldeneye :D

Right because the D3 engine isn't superior to something intended to run on DX7 hardware

[A]MD-Fan said:
Right because the D3 engine isn't superior to something intended to run on DX7 hardware

The fact that Source is scalable doesn't mean it is any less impressive than Doom 3.

At least you can see games that are using the Source engine :rolleyes:

The fact that it was dark in Doom 3 had nothing to do with the engine. The dynamic lighting is years beyond Source, and the physics is aparently very good as well, just not utilized in Doom 3.

I'll be laughing when Quake 4 is out making full use of the engine, and it knocks everyone socks off

n64man120 said:
I'm sorry, but Mario Kart most definitly deserves a spot on that list. Probably one of the best multiplayer games ever, behind goldeneye :D

I hope you're only talking about the SNES one. The 64/GC versions I feel just don't have the same magic that I felt with the original. The GC one has a HORRIBLE soundtrack too...ultra cheese. The SNES one, on the other hand, was impressive and original sounding. Ugh, the techno garbage of DD just makes me sick.

Techno...? Uhh...right. I can see why some people wouldn't like DD, but come on now...N64 took everything that was good about the multiplayer in SNES and improved on it.

I guess the disappointment of Rainbow Road is why i still don't appreciate the 64 version as much as I could. Now, I played the SNES version since I was 10-11, on the other hand, the 64 version I barely played more than a year or two. I only just played DD the past two semesters, so maybe you can even put this on my console experience.

I owned an SNES at home, but playing on the 64/GC means sharing with my brother...who has both of these at home right now (I'm obviously at college).

oh good.... not another engine war.... look at enemy territory, D3 engine is not dark. Goldeneye mod will be cool until rare shuts it down.

Won't it be EA who "shuts it down" if anyone? Considering they own the bond licence now.

n64man120 said:

Mario Kart 64 is the new #8. I guess I got bored of pwnin everyone on my block lol. :D

Mav451 said:
I hope you're only talking about the SNES one. The 64/GC versions I feel just don't have the same magic that I felt with the original. The GC one has a HORRIBLE soundtrack too...ultra cheese. The SNES one, on the other hand, was impressive and original sounding. Ugh, the techno garbage of DD just makes me sick.

The N64 version pwned because of multiplayer.

Isaacav2 said:
The N64 version pwned because of multiplayer.

If you wanna talk multiplayer, I think the GC version improved on what the 64 version had. Not to mention carrying dual triple-shells...that's just nuts.

Smiffy said:
Won't it be EA who "shuts it down" if anyone? Considering they own the bond licence now.

Aye, but that doesn't stop Rare from still owning Goldeneye.

I never liked it :eek: Sorry I just hated the N64 controller and could never play games on it. I might have liked it better if I was good at it(I rock all my firends in FPS except N64 ones)

I will probably give them mod a try and get my friend to play and be like "Who rox who on goldeneye now NUB!"

Did anyone try playing the original with the dual controller setup? I could never get my head around it...

Goldeneye and perfect dark are still of my fav games of all time. Wasted many a rainy day with friends on those games. Those two next to mario kart on snes are the ones I wasted most of my life gaming on :D

I really hope this turns out well, couldnt really play n64 anymore cause it looked horrible on a WS HDTV. :(

Mav451 said:

I vaugly remember the SNES one now, but back in the day I played that non stop. I recall the N64 one being very good as well, sorta took the SNES one to a new level with the multiplayer, graphics, etc. GC is alright, not the same though.

Back