Relocating and need ISP advice

reddhaus

Limp Gawd
I am going to be moving to Mesa, Arizona in the next week. I was just wondering if anyone from the area could give me any advise on which cable/internet service to use or avoid.

I will be needing basic service for the TV but more importantly, high speed internet for the computer. I'm mostly a PC gamer with some large file downloads once in awhile. The wife uses Skype video to talk to her sister.

I would be happy with a 6 or 8 meg connection. Anything faster would just be a nice bonus.

Thank you in advance for any input you can provide.

Depending on your location you may be able to get fiber optic from Qwest, which is smoking fast(20mbps) and pretty reliable. Otherwise you may have to settle for their slower DSL connection. More than likely your best bet is going to be Cox Communications. Their standard package is 12mb/1mb cable, or you can upgrade to their higher 20mb/2mb package for a little bit more.

There's no other competitor in the valley unless you want to run a T1 line to your house. :(

Depending on your location you may be able to get fiber optic from Qwest, which is smoking fast(20mbps) and pretty reliable. Otherwise you may have to settle for their slower DSL connection. More than likely your best bet is going to be Cox Communications. Their standard package is 12mb/1mb cable, or you can upgrade to their higher 20mb/2mb package for a little bit more.

There's no other competitor in the valley unless you want to run a T1 line to your house. :(

Hey thanks for the reply. I checked out Qwest and Cox. I can't get the fiber optic option from Qwest in my area. I looked at the Cox website and the 12mb deal looks like the one I will be shooting for. 12mb is fine for my needs and it's faster than my current Comcast connection so I'm happy.

Thanks again!! ;)

Any time. That's the one I have too. Good value/speed ratio. Let me know if you need any other help with the area.

Back