Reliable SSD: Intel 330 or Samsung 830?

Snowdog

[H]F Junkie
These are available locally for about the same price.

Having the fastest SSD isn't that important to me(MB is Sata 2), but having the most reliable one is.

Intel seems to have a decent rep and seems to have debugged Sandforce, and Samsung uses their own controller and has a good reliability reputation with 830 SSDs.

Is there much to choose one way or the other between these?

Samsung 830 or Crucial M4. I've used both in my MBP, currently I'm using the M4 because the faster 830 was better utilized in my desktop with a SATA III controller.

It's a toss up. There hasn't been a notable amount of people having issues with either drive.

I wanted a samsung 830 but all the killer deals sold out, I got a intel 120gb 330 instead it's been fine. rated 7.8 w.e.i If your still deciding either one is an alright choice, although samsung makes all their own parts & has it's own controller.

While they are both great drives and there is no reason to think the Samsung wouldn't be reliable, Intel drives have been in my experience the most reliable. I have owned 9 Intel SSDs and not a single issue with any of them

I went with the Intel 330 120 GB, seemed to have the lowest complaint rate on newegg. It will probably be a day or two before I get around to installing it.

Intel G2 or 510 for very long lasting hardware as far as wear-n-tear goes.

With that said I think the M4, 830, Intel 330 or fine choices. I own SSDs from Intel, Crucial, and my first Samsung (840 pro) this week I should be setting up the 840P.

Installed. Used free Intel-Acronis data migration utility.

Does this seem right for an Intel 330 boot drive on a Sata 2 interface:

ssdintel.png

Back