Reliable, fast, wireless router?

Fixall

[H]ard|Gawd
Does such a thing exist?

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum or not, so mods feel free to move this if you must.

Anyways, back to the topic. Can anyone suggest a quality wireless router? Here's what I'm looking for:

I want to keep it around $100 (always willing to go lower of course).

I am leaning towards a dual band router as I live in an apartment and have some interference.

My download and upload speeds are; 50mbps down, and 5mbps up.

I would like to stay away from linksys as I've had nothing but trouble from the last 3 routers in a row from them (constant dropping of signal and degradation of speed to the point we had to power cycle them daily).

I am mainly looking for consistent speed and stability, any help?

I'm leaning towards the netgear n600 rig now - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122378

Thanks [H]!

I have been using an Asus RT-N16 with tomato for over a year, and I love it.

I'll look into this, thank you. I had previously looked at the asus "black diamond" router but it seemed to have firmware problems. I don't know how I missed the rt-n16.

Edit:
Ahh, I see how I missed it now. It's not a dual band. Although I'm not even sure a dual band would help or not.

I've been using the D-link DIR-655 for about 3 years and it's continuing to serve me well.

At the higher price points, perhaps take a look at the DIR-825.

I've been using the D-link DIR-655 for about 3 years and it's continuing to serve me well.

At the higher price points, perhaps take a look at the DIR-825.

I'll read up on the dir-825. Seems like a strong contender after a firmware update.

+1 for anything running Tomato. I've been leaning towards the N16 myself as well...kinda want to upgrade to N. >_>

My WNDR 3700 has been awesome with DD-WRT. Very stable and very fast in terms of processing power for both loads of simultaneous connections and WiFi bandwidth.

ASus nt-66u or whatever it's called
Linksys e4000 series
Netgear wndr3700

Tomato works on that one? I didn't see it on the list at the Tomato site.

Yep works great, they recommend you flash to dd-wrt and then flash to tomato. I did not have any issues during the flashing process, just look up tomatousb.

Back