Reliability stats anywere...???

mzs_biteme

[H]ard|Gawd
I was wondering if there is a place where I can see the unbiased reviews and reliability start on the major HDD manufacturers...??? I'm a lottle bit pissed, because my 1month old Hitachi 1TB drive I got from Microcenter (~$50) is starting to have "click-of-death". I went to Newegg to see the feedback on this model, and it seems like half (!!!!) of the people had either DOA or "c-o-d" problem with this drive... This is pathetic, considering that I just tossed out 5.25" BigFoot driver from 1996 and that sucker still worked when I plugged it in to see if there is anything on there I haven't missed in the last 14yrs... Point it, WTF are the hard drive manufacturers thinking putting out crap like they do nowadays....??? It's like they try to sucker you in with the price, and they you're basically on your own... I'm to a point where if I by a replacement drive, I might as well buy two, so I can copy all data from main one, unplug and put it in a safe for when it's needed.... Shit, with what I saw on the Hitachi's drive feedback, might as well buy 3 of them suckers, and make a backup of a backup of a backup....:rolleyes:
Sorry for venting, but this is BS....

Back