Reinstalling WinXP Pro...

AMDXP

2[H]4U
:rolleyes: How should I go about Reinstalling xppro? When I insert the cd it ask it repair xp or new install.... I tried repair and all that did was reinstall the main components and kept everything on drive C:... WHen I select new installation it ask if I want to dealte a previous partitions or do a new install. What do I do ???

Its a custom built system I had put together hrmmmm...

Thank you.

AMDXPCottonFire22 said:
What do I do ???

Maybe I missed the answer here, but you have to tell us what you want to do. As I mentioned in many other threads, Kyle has disable ESP because Steve broke it.

Do you want to save any data that's on the drive now? If that's a no then it should be quite obvious you want to clear the partitions and do a fresh install. I must be missing something here, because I always thought XP's install instructions were pretty clear.

Is there another OS on the drive your trying to upgrade? Is the drive blank, like it's brand new? You should know the condition the PC's drive is in, since you built the machine. You know what your trying to do, so follow XP's instructions for that path.

Well, my computers gotten pretty full and slow, so I just dealte the partitions and make a fresh install?

thats what i do, whenever its get a lil too slow then all you do is you delete one of your partions, then create a new one, format with ntfs and then GOGOGO!!

AMDXPCottonFire22 said:
Well, my computers gotten pretty full and slow, so I just dealte the partitions and make a fresh install?

Once you have your data backed up, boot from the CD, follow the instructions for a fresh install. When you get to the partition screen, assuming your data is backed up off the drives, delete all the partitions and create a new partition for your C drive. Once XP is loaded, you can finish formatting and partitioning the other drives.

Alright, thanks yall but, I was a little impatient and reformated and reinstalled before you typed :p ... Anyway It runs so much faster now, although I lost Divx and 3dmark03 both where registered copies and I wonder how to get them back.....

Oh well.

What to Install (just got done doing drivers long and boring) Nero, Record Now, or Alcohol....
*Gosh steam takes forever*

Back