reinstalling motherboard drivers

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
I just did a fresh installation of Win 7 and I'm about to install the motherboard drivers from the motherboard CD. Will my overclock go away? I have i5 4670k overclocked to 4.1GGhz.

I'm about to install the motherboard drivers from the motherboard CD.

I would suggest downloading the latest drivers instead of using what's on the disc. As for your OC going away, that's doubtful but the stability of the system could potentially be affected by different drivers.

I can't connect to the internet because the internet is not working after the fresh install. I can use my laptop to get the drivers and use a flash drive to put it on my pc. But how do I know where to get the drivers from the internet?

I can't connect to the internet because the internet is not working after the fresh install. I can use my laptop to get the drivers and use a flash drive to put it on my pc. But how do I know where to get the drivers from the internet?

What make/manufacturer is the motherboard? Google that + "support" and you're virtually guaranteed to locate what you need ;)

Overclocking is done in bios, the only way it goes away is if you flash the bios and then even saved profiles are washed.

I'd set it back to the original, get new drivers from the manufacturers site and once you have it set up then put your OC back on.

Back