• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Regret UAP pro 7

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Dec 18, 2010
Messages
9,778
Edit: seeing a pattern that it's the phone specifically lots of stuff vs z 5 fold vs 6e in general.

I can't get my Fold z 5 to connect to unifi over 6ghz on my 7 pro wap no matter what. I'm about to toss this bucket of shit and buy something else. My whole environment is unifi ... wtf

I'm a network engineer so this is cake for me but I can't figure out if Unifi is to blame or my phone.

Anyone else have a z fold 5 and able to get 6e working on thier phone vs a unifi 7 pro wap?
 
Last edited:
This. This right here is why I keep my home one generation behind in Wifi. I only in the last year upgraded to Wifi 6 APs.
Yep, let someone else be the guinea pig and pay the early adopter tax. (y)
 
Does Unifi let you manually select a channel and channel bandwidth? Try a different channel and/or if it's 160hz drop it down to 80hz.
 
Does Unifi let you manually select a channel and channel bandwidth? Try a different channel and/or if it's 160hz drop it down to 80hz.
Set to auto by default for both settings or you can manually override it. You can also perform a scan and determine what in use.
 
make sure you turn band steering off. I had the same problem with my pixel 6 not grabbing the 6ghz band on my 2 new inwall WiFi 7 aps till I turned this off. now it grabs it almost every time.

to clarify I have 2 ssids due to some IOTs not liking anything but 2.4ghz and then my 5 and 6 GHz are in the same ssid. hence why band steering to 5ghz was messing stuff up
 
Can you return it and get a U6 Enterprise? Where I am they are $30 cheaper. I have two in my house and get pretty good 6E coverage and the speed is great.

I think they have an overall better spec than the u7 pros too. The U6 Enterprise has 2x2 2.4 Ghz + 4x4 5Ghz + 4x4 6Ghz MIMO. The U7 Pro is all 2x2 MIMO. The U6 Enterprise should be much faster with multiple devices (if 4x4 MIMO devices if you have them) as a result.

See for your self:
https://techspecs.ui.com/unifi/wifi/u6-enterprise
https://techspecs.ui.com/unifi/wifi/u7-pro?subcategory=all-wifi
 
I ditched the last of my UniFi junk for TP-Link Wifi 7 kit... Have one last U6 Enterprise I'd sell ya if you want! </shameless plug>
 
Back
Top