Registering Windows Vista....

entermymatrix03

Limp Gawd
So to the people out there that have it...is it like the XP deal where you install it and then got through the unlocking process or what? What kind of info does it log? Did they go more in depth in this one to prevent piracy? My copy will be here Friday if NewEgg ships on time and I just wanted to know before it got here. Thanks!

Edit: Also, I ran the Vista System Checker tonight and it says my current Firewall may not be compatable with Vista...has anyone else seen that message and installed something anyways? Did it work?

It will work the same way as XP, so there's no reason to worry about it since you're buying a legitimate license.

cool. I just didn't know what the whole process was and i haven't really seen much regarding that on the net. I was part of the RC2 crowd but you didn't have to register or anything like that. Do you already have your copy? How are you liking it?

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

cool. I just didn't know what the whole process was and i haven't really seen much regarding that on the net. I was part of the RC2 crowd but you didn't have to register or anything like that. Do you already have your copy? How are you liking it?

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

It's virtually the same thing as with RC2. With RC2, you were given the option to Validate it... and that's that.

Next, it's basically the same as with RC2 except much more stable andddd it runs games much better than it used to.
Of course, XP is always the better option when it comes to games.

Well i just found out that my anti-virus is Vista compatable...but my firewall isn't for the moment. Do you guys have a temporary solution that i could use for the time being until the vendor releases a Vista version?

Also, i run dual 7900GT's...are the latest drivers cool with Vista or are there some crazy beta drivers out there that are worth the download? Thanks!

Edit: Can we use our RC2 Keys with the final purchased copy of Vista? Has anyone confirmed this?

Edit: Can we use our RC2 Keys with the final purchased copy of Vista? Has anyone confirmed this?

No you cannot. Those keys are different and for the betas only.

Overall the validation looks the same as windows. You type in a key during install. When done you activate.

Do you guys have a temporary solution that i could use for the time being until the vendor releases a Vista version?

The built-in firewall is just fine. It'll block outbound and inbound connections and has a nice filtering system.

Well i just found out that my anti-virus is Vista compatable...but my firewall isn't for the moment. Do you guys have a temporary solution that i could use for the time being until the vendor releases a Vista version?

Also, i run dual 7900GT's...are the latest drivers cool with Vista or are there some crazy beta drivers out there that are worth the download? Thanks!

Windows one live is available for free, as a beta, and really works great with Vista.

It's virtually the same thing as with RC2. With RC2, you were given the option to Validate it... and that's that.

Next, it's basically the same as with RC2 except much more stable andddd it runs games much better than it used to.
Of course, XP is always the better option when it comes to games.
To bad you didn't activate RC2, you could STILL be using Ultimate for free until June07:D :D

So is it true that once registered it logs what hardware you have and you have to purchase another key in order to upgrade components? I read that somewhere and that would suck because i upgrade pretty frequently and I ordered the OEM version of Vista...

So is it true that once registered it logs what hardware you have and you have to purchase another key in order to upgrade components? I read that somewhere and that would suck because i upgrade pretty frequently and I ordered the OEM version of Vista...

I read somewhere you are screwed after 3 hardware changes if you have OEM.

I am getting retail Vista Business in about a week and want to to install it as a dual boot configuration before I activate. I know that this will take a few installs / formats and reinstalls to get it right. Anyone know if you can install multiple times on the same computer without having to activate? I will activate when I am satisfied with my dual boot config.

People on other forums have had no problems installing an OEM copy on one computer, then formatting it, then installing it on a second computer. All you need to do is phone the microsoft center and get em to reactiavet your key. no big deal, just like xp. I know ive done that alot when fixing my friends machines.

People on other forums have had no problems installing an OEM copy on one computer, then formatting it, then installing it on a second computer. All you need to do is phone the microsoft center and get em to reactiavet your key. no big deal, just like xp. I know ive done that alot when fixing my friends machines.

Agreed. You legally bought a copy. The worst that will happen is that you have to call to get it activated and just tell him your motherboard died.

Back