Regestry Files

xzanos

Weaksauce
ok so my lap top is being all skrewy. i have 2 regestry items that should not bet there.
the first puts a red x on my task bar that has the little bubble window come up and tell me that my computer is infected with a virus.

the second one has taken over my background and displays the word "warning" flashing red and yellow. and underneathe that it says dangerous spyware many viruses were found on your computer such as : trojan horse. passcapture, etc. your personal information can fall into the "third hands". please check up the computer with a special software. thank.

i have used regedit to delete both regestry files but on restart they appear again. so there is somthing else at work here but neather malwarebytes or avast find it.

any help would be appreceated

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop\NoChangingWallpaper

Hijackthis will usually tell you what is causing it. Probably a dll being loaded during startup.

Back