Regarding inputs for the forthcoming 2407

a ronin

Gawd
Joined
Jan 29, 2003
Messages
782
I know there are a bevy of threads covering this monitor, but not being a tech head the spec sheets posted is completely greek to me. All I'm really interested in knowing is if it will accommodate the Xbox360 or PS3. I do intend on using it as an entertainment display.

Thanks
 
the 2407WFP will have composite (the yellow/white/red connectors) and S Video inputs as well as the usual VGA and DVI connections. Should be fine for one of those :)
 
It does not, however, have component, which is the best way to get the Xbox 360 to display in HD. This was the reason I ultimately bought the 2405 instead of waiting for the 2407...

In my opinion, the 2405 offered the best compromise for wide-screen gaming through the PC and a console.
On the PC-side, I get crisp, clear 1920x1200 resolution, which looks just fabulous.
On the console side, I can run the 360 at 1080i, to take advantage of its HD capabilities. Yes, the monitor has to "frame" the image, with small black bars at the top and bottom. And yes, because it's 1080i, instead of 1080p, I get a tiny bit of "ghosting" every once inawhile. But I'm telling you, overall the image is fantastic. Would I get better with a more expensive HDTV? Of course, on the 360 side, but then I'd probably compromise a little on the PC side.
As I say, the 2405 offered the best <i>compromise,</i> for the money.

Of course, eventually, Microsoft may produce a DVI cable for the 360, or a cable that produces 1080p images. (which would be great!) But for now, I'm pretty happy..
 
Yes, the 2407WFP will have component inputs! Just check the page that the person above posted.
 
Thanks guys. Don't know what component is, but the RGB is pretty old tech and ubiquitious as connections go. I can even hook up my parents VCR. Sweet!

GOod to know I'm not going to be left in the cold then. Got my money ready.

Thanks again.
 
Can't you just use the VGA with Vdigi? I know its like extra $50. How is the quality compared to component for you 2405ers
 
Component is like Composite but there are red, green and blue cables for video instead of just a yellow. This allows for video to not be as compressed as much as it is for composite, allowing HDTV. The standard white and red deliver audio, so instead of just 3 cables for composite, there are a total of 5 for component.
 
Thanks for the lesson, Bill Nye the Science Guy. I've seen that on my old ATI All in Wonder. :D
 
Hey - my bad on the component issue with 2407!
I had heard it wouldn't have that input. Mabye I'll give it a look now..
What are its main advantages over the 2405? Higher resolution?
 
sehender1 said:
Hey - my bad on the component issue with 2407!
I had heard it wouldn't have that input. Mabye I'll give it a look now..
What are its main advantages over the 2405? Higher resolution?

no, same resolution. Changes are reduced quoted response time to 6ms G2G, HDCP support and new design. That's about it, rest of the spec remains unchanged
 
Back
Top