refurbs from newegg..worth it?

bizzy420

Limp Gawd
anyone have any experiences with refurbs from newegg? did you recieve the item in working condition? do the manufacturers (not newegg) usually have some sort of warranty for refurbs? thx

usually they are good and work well.. but you might wanna read some customer reviews to know more..

I picked up a refurb ti4200 8x from them while I was building my friends PC... it's been running solid for the past 4 months. For my own use, I've ordered two refurb mobos and those worked great also. I always hear horror stories about the refurb HD's, but even then most of them still have the manufacturer's warrenty so you can get a new, working one (if it goes past neweggs return time) :)

yeah cause i wanted to pick up a refurb vid card, but there arent any reviews on it, but most important is if the manufacturer has a warranty or not.

I picked up a 9700 Pro from the Egg. Came plain Jane but I expected as much as they warn you it could happen.

It works though. I don't need al lthat other stuff. Drivers are readily available so.

If I am going to buy refurb, the Egg is the best place I can think of.

Just make sure you understand the RMA/Return policy and understand that all you may get is just the card.

i have purchased many refurbd from Newegg and have been happy with them all. I have gotten a few mobos and the only difference is I won't get all the manuals and CD's that come with them. Many of the times, the refurbs are just returns people made because the overclocking wasn't good or something like that. Good deals for my money.

Originally posted by kennyc28
but you got al the cables and IO shield tbone??

Well I can answer that since I've bought a couple of refurb mobos. The first one, a A7N8X came with nothing except for the motherboard. The second, a 8RDA+ (that I'm currently using) came with everything including the software and IDE cables. It all depends on what the person RMAing sends back.

I wouldn't even consider buying refurbed stuff from anyplace other than the 'egg. I jumped on a few ti4200's a while back for $65ea. and every one (of 5) is working past spec and not complaining one bit.

Go for it!

maybe that was too enthusiastic, sorry I'll re-phrase:

I've had good experiences ordering re-furbed video cards from the 'egg ;)

I picked up a refurb Asus ti4200 128MB for $75 in december for my secondary machine.

Its a great card its been running at ti4600 speeds since i got it with no problems i couldnt be happier. I was surprised the ram clocked so high (650MHz) but they are the small square bga chips.

The core actually could get through 3dmark at 335Mhz which was also impressive to me for a ti4200 with a stock heat sink.

Many of the times, the refurbs are just returns people made because the overclocking wasn't good or something like that

taht kinda sux, cause i was hoping to get a card that can overclock well. damn videocards are expensive man.

I got an asus a7v8x refurbed from newegg and it worked for about 4 months until my friend kicked the computer over and it died. Couldn't RMA it because it was already an RMA *tear*

My experience was fine though.

I've ordered many refurbs from Newegg, including video cards, and so far not one problem with any of them. I think they are a good bargain.

At this point, I hunt down NF7-S board refurbs... $62 is a super bargain, I've done 3 so far, all perfect. Did an ASUS too it was great. Also, a 970pro, and 2 9500np (that hardmod'd). Bargain hunters dream.

Oh yeah, the egg refurbs rule, so far I've picked up my current board (soltek) an abit nf7, a gigabyte 9200, a sapphire 9800 pro, and a bunch of other stuff.
So far all worked well, the boards had everything included in the retail box, the vga cards both work well, but the gigabyte was barebones and the sapphire card had all the accessories excluding the retail box, seem brand new too, I bet some stuff is really just overstocks or bulk stuff they buy at a really good price from the distributors and turn around and unload them cheap.....
;)

Dude I recommend Newegg to everyone, in buying pc components, doing RMA's, and picking stuff up in the refurbished section, had a friend of mine pick up a chieftech case off of there refurbished section and man that case was brand new, and just plan beautiful, for only 50 bucks compaired to the other case he wanted that cost 150 an d didn't even look as good as the one he got. That's another thing to, Newegg has the best prices around. I give NEWEGG A AWSOME THUMBS UP:D

Nothing wrong with refurbs from Newegg. I would not get refurb moniters(dead pixels) or HD's.

Back