Refurbished: HGST Ultrastar He12 HUH721212ALE601 0F29596 12TB 7.2K RPM Power Disable SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD $83

https://serverpartdeals.com/product...rpm-sata-6gb-s-3-5-hdd?variant=31076529242154

Pretty decent deal for $83. Might grab one for a new NVR camera drive but I may wait. Just passing the deal along.

Enjoy!
14tb for $100 is here also
https://www.newegg.com/hgst-western...604-14tb/p/1Z4-0002-01N48?Item=9SIA5ADK031508
That newegg is interestingly go hard drive as well.

I wonder if all these drives hitting the recyclers are all of the same generation or generations? Would be interesting to know because it's a lot of drives hitting the used market at once imo

That newegg is interestingly go hard drive as well.

I wonder if all these drives hitting the recyclers are all of the same generation or generations? Would be interesting to know because it's a lot of drives hitting the used market at once imo
These sales have been going on for literally years from goharddrive

It's expected as the large data centers swap out their drives. My file/Plex server started as a small 4 bay x 2TB HGST setup. Then went to a 4TB HGST 6 drive RAID 6. Expanded that to 12 drives. I've picked up several 2TB and 4TB models for data drives over the years.

Now, I've had 2 of these 14TB WD drives in a RAID0 in my main system for the past year and a half and have had them on my "lists" since they were ~$160ea. It's about the time to pull the trigger and upgrade the RAID6.

It's expected as the large data centers swap out their drives. My file/Plex server started as a small 4 bay x 2TB HGST setup. Then went to a 4TB HGST 6 drive RAID 6. Expanded that to 12 drives. I've picked up several 2TB and 4TB models for data drives over the years.

Now, I've had 2 of these 14TB WD drives in a RAID0 in my main system for the past year and a half and have had them on my "lists" since they were ~$160ea. It's about the time to pull the trigger and upgrade the RAID6.
No doubt, but it's interesting how the supply seems to have increased to the point prices have crashed. The 2/3/4 TB drives are now <$6/TB and many times <$4/TB but I think that's more due to demand reduction vs increasing supply. Demand for larger drives is steady so seeing price decreases /TB has to be massively more supply coming in.

No doubt, but it's interesting how the supply seems to have increased to the point prices have crashed. The 2/3/4 TB drives are now <$6/TB and many times <$4/TB but I think that's more due to demand reduction vs increasing supply. Demand for larger drives is steady so seeing price decreases /TB has to be massively more supply coming in.
Yup. Datacenters rapidly dumping drives for larger capacity onces, selling them off for best cost reclaim/time ratio.

I just got 7 of these, for 6 drives in raidz2 with a spare. They came in a big two piece styrofoam case designed to hold twenty drives. They all passed extended smart test (doesn’t mean much) and I’m in the process of resilvering my array drive by drive.

I just got 7 of these, for 6 drives in raidz2 with a spare. They came in a big two piece styrofoam case designed to hold twenty drives. They all passed extended smart test (doesn’t mean much) and I’m in the process of resilvering my array drive by drive.
That's solid packaging imo and if you don't need that box, I'd love to have it. And ime, any drive that's passed a smart long test will be solid as I've not had one pass a smart long and then later fail inside of warranty. :)

Yep, that's the correct way!

This is how ours are packed. (These are 15K SAS drives from a while ago.) Googlegear/Zipzoomfly IIRC. Ok a little more than a while ago! ;-)

drives.JPG

That's solid packaging imo and if you don't need that box, I'd love to have it. And ime, any drive that's passed a smart long test will be solid as I've not had one pass a smart long and then later fail inside of warranty. :)
Send me a message if you want it. I’ll send it if you work out the shipping.

My Go Hard Drive experience on eBay was rather positive. I bought four 4TB Hitachi Megascale drives. One became defective within a month. I got a free warranty replacement (I just had to pay return shipping). I got a replacement and all of them have been running well for 3 years since.

Back