• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Refurbished 6600s on newegg

Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
897
I have been seeing a lot of refurbished Geforce 6600s on newegg for pretty low ($70 or so). What is the deal with these refurbished cards? Do they come with the Heatsink/cables? Are they worth looking into or is it asking for trouble?

 
I bought a refurbished Gigabyte 6600GT. They are opened and returned packages. Mine came with the game, Software, Cable, HSF, foam packaging and all.


Newegg gives you two weeks to figure out if your card works or not. If its DOA, I think you get a replacement less shipping and handling.
My card worked great, I tested it under farcry... Sometimes things would get screwed up, but on rare occasions.
 
I have bought quite a few things from newegg's refurb section. Generally I have had good luck, but 2-3 times I have recieved a vid card that would give me heavy artifacting or something of the like.

Most vid cards come completely bare, no accessories whatsoever. Motherboards, cpu's, the almost all come with no accessories. However, there are a few exceptions. I know that every single Leadtek vid card I have bought came in the retail box with every retail accessory. The same applies for Abit motherboards. These are the only two that I know for sure that when I get them will be the full retail package.
 
LordVampyre said:
brand new generation of cards already in refurb... that looks like trouble to me.
Meh, if I recall correctly, the GeForce 6600 was first in stock at online retailers on October 6th, 2004, the day I bought one. The way some people here treat their cards, it doesn't surprise me that they're showing up in the refurbished bins after just 6 months. ;)
 
I ordered a pair of refurb 6200s (Asus 6200GE 128MB 128-bit memory) for $60 each this week from newegg. Both cards came in the retail boxes with all the goodies, work fine and overclock to 500/650 each.

Neither one unlocked successfully, probably why they were returned. That would have been nice, but it wasn't critical since these are just going to replace a couple of dog slow X300 SE cards.
 
friend got the gigabyte 6600 pci-e and is a great overclocker on the core almost 200mhz on core alone from stock. nice improvements and runs great for a 70$ card on doom3 and other games.
 
PoisonedPawn45 said:
Alright, I ordered a refurb Leadtek 6600 PCI-E from newegg. I'll let everyone know how it went. Thanks![/URL]
I ordered one of those for a cheap Dell GX280n i ordered last night. :D
 
PoisonedPawn45 said:
Alright, I ordered a refurb Leadtek 6600 PCI-E from newegg. I'll let everyone know how it went. Thanks!


Alright... I just received the card from newegg today. Installed 75.90 drivers, and
upped my 3.4g intel from 2005 on 3d mark 2003 (on the crap x300 se) to 5577, with no overclocking (yet) or artifacts. The package came with all the games, accessories, heatsink/fan, etc. Good deal I would say! :D
 
PoisonedPawn45 said:
Alright... I just received the card from newegg today. Installed 75.90 drivers, and
upped my 3.4g intel from 2005 on 3d mark 2003 (on the crap x300 se) to 5577, with no overclocking (yet) or artifacts. The package came with all the games, accessories, heatsink/fan, etc. Good deal I would say! :D
I received mine on Friday and it was also complete in the box with both games and cables. Overclocking was OK, but not exceptional: 525MHz core/650MHz memory. I have another one coming in today, so we'll see how that goes. edit: I got it. bare with nothing included. :(

The overclocking options with coolbits are all weird. Do you have to use the LeadTek software or something?

The refurb Gigabyte 6200 in my sig is still better overall: 8 pipelines unlocked and it runs stable at 550/700. :D
 
Back
Top