Refurbished (400 euro) vs new (600 euro) ZR2740w: what to do?

XTF

Gawd
I've got the choice between a refurbished ZR2740w with a 6 month carry-in warranty for 400 euro (in the Netherlands) and a new one with a 3 year on-site warranty for 600 or 650 euro. What to do?
400 euro (or $) still isn't cheap and just 6 months carry-in warranty is short.

Get the new one as long as it's afforable and there's a new one available. Many have gotten fucked over furbs. For a part like a monitor (which is a thing to look carefully after), you want a new one as long as it's available (to your budget as well).

Just got the new one. :p
It's a very nice display, though the height adjustment is lacking.

Why choose the HP over the Dell U2713HM? The HP has better input lag and same excellent picture quality and PWM-freeness, but in all other areas it's lacking. I could never do without a good OSD personally.

P.S. It's a good thing you bought new as you probably received a Rev2, which has a semi-glossy coating. And warranty is always a good thing to have. The refurb could have cost you more in the end.

Last edited:
Why choose the HP over the Dell U2713HM? The HP has better input lag and same excellent picture quality and PWM-freeness, but in all other areas it's lacking. I could never do without a good OSD personally.

I got the HP for the lower input lag and the issues Dell has with buzzing, image retention (and maybe cross hatching). I don't see the benefit of a OSD.

Back