Hi,
I recently decided I need to upgrade my SyncMaster 955DF with a new LCD screen, my desk just isn't big enough with my huge monitor sitting on it.
I buy just about everything from newegg, and while I was looking for information on which LCD to buy, I came across the Samsun 214T. Now I NEED it.
BTW anyone needing some solid info on LCDs, check this anand thread out.
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=1745344&enterthread=y
The price for a new 214T is just a bit more than I can stomach, no matter how nice it is. However, newegg offers refurbed 214's at a much more reasonable price IMO. They don't come with drivers, a manul, or a DVI or VGA cord.
My big questions are these:
I am really more worried that I will get a monitor from FedEx and spend the next 3 or 4 weeks struggling with it and finally sending it back to newegg. They are a great company, but I'm still a bit worried about refurbs.
Any help you could offer would be great, thanks.
I recently decided I need to upgrade my SyncMaster 955DF with a new LCD screen, my desk just isn't big enough with my huge monitor sitting on it.
I buy just about everything from newegg, and while I was looking for information on which LCD to buy, I came across the Samsun 214T. Now I NEED it.
BTW anyone needing some solid info on LCDs, check this anand thread out.
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=1745344&enterthread=y
The price for a new 214T is just a bit more than I can stomach, no matter how nice it is. However, newegg offers refurbed 214's at a much more reasonable price IMO. They don't come with drivers, a manul, or a DVI or VGA cord.
My big questions are these:
- Are refurbed LCD's a dangerous purchase?
- Have any of you bought refurbed LCD's?
- How was your experience with them?
I am really more worried that I will get a monitor from FedEx and spend the next 3 or 4 weeks struggling with it and finally sending it back to newegg. They are a great company, but I'm still a bit worried about refurbs.
Any help you could offer would be great, thanks.