• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Refurb X700 from NewEgg worth it?

I'd say spent the extra 20-30 and get a 6600 GT , just my .02 cents ;) But if its not for gaming its good
 
it's ok a x700pro has the faster ram .should be pretty good

but if the x700 is $120 a 6600gt for $130-150 are there too and a bit faster.

if you can scrape up the funds chack out the x800pros referbed for $198
12pipelines 256mb of fast ram -even faster still -overclockable to xt speeds-- good BANG ! for the $$$ :cool:
 
at $120, and I dunno what to say. It didn't come with a driver disk, so I installed the 5.8 catalyst. There were two unknown devices in device manager.

I uninstalled the catalyst and downloaded the ATI driver, Enhanced ATI driver, Smart Doc, Hydravision and ATI media stuff. Still yellow bangs in device manager.

It locks up using the 3dmark2005 in two different places, just hangs. No blue screen, no error, just lockup - numlock key and caps-lock are unresponsive.

Any ideas? The Asus forums don't say anything and I can't find any good info on the 3dMark forums about lockups either.

I am running it in a Dell Dimension 4700 with 2X512 sticks of PC4200/533 from corsair.

I am thinking I may need to run a memory test on the RAM for the lockup, but I have no idea what the yellow bangs are about. Ideas?
 
Nope 15 day return policy and not really a good gaming card. Go with 6600gt you'll be happier and get one with a good warranty.
 
never get a refurb from newegg, specially video cards. My friend has a 6600gt that enjoys throwing out green polygons all over the place in 3d games.
 
Back
Top