Refurb Macbook?

Michigan PC

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
1,349
my dad needs a laptop for work and really likes the macbooks, however, he doesnt want to spend a ton. How are the laptops that apple sells as refurbished? Also, I noticed that some macbooks have 512mb of ram. Does this hold the notebook back like it does with windows machines?
 
When buying a refurb direct from Apple it's almost like buying a brand new Mac. It comes with the exact same warranty as the new Mac's do. You can also buy Applecare for it just like on a new one.

I've purchased two Mac refurbs direct from Apple and I've had zero problems. They really can be a great value.

As for Ram. 512 meg isn't bad. But you really should have 1 gig minimum for OS X. Upgrading the memory is as cheap as it is for a Windows type laptop. And the upgrade is very easy on a Macbook.
 
Apple's clearing out some "old" stock with the slight bump in macbook cpu speeds (nothing else changed) and I think Amazon is offering some discounts on them too.
 
does apple not offer refurbished macbooks? (not pros)

I can't find any on the site and that is what I am after.
 
You'll hafta be quick. I'm waiting for some MacBook refurbs to show up on Apple's site, too. ;)
 
If you're in college, you may also want to see if your Bookstore sells Macs or something. Mine does, they give you a discount, and were clearing out old stock for the CoreDuo Macbooks for 699 last month.
 
Back
Top