Refresh rate problems with 1080p and DX10

When I attempt to run DX10 video games in Vista x64, apparently the refresh rate is being changed to something my monitor does not support. I am using an ATI 4870.

I am trying to run Crysis Warhead in 1920x1080 resolution (the exact same as my desktop), and when I change from the default 1024x768 to 1920x1080, I get a "Signal Input Not Found or Supported" on my monitor. This is my monitor's native resolution. (Not a matter of changing to 1920x1200).

The refresh rate is changing to something not supported by my monitor.

Again, my desktop resolution is set to this, and runs perfect. DX9 games like Half-Life 2 work just fine.

DX10 refuses.

I am running the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI. Vista x64 is a fresh install. Everything was installed less than a week ago complete fresh.

Have you tried going into the CCC and clicking "Displays Manager", then clicking "Displays Properties", and then using the drop down box to force 60Hz?

I had something similar happen when I had three 9800's in SLI. Crysis would never run over 24Hz on my LCD, but my LCD still displayed it. Now with the 280's it runs at 60. Never did figure out what the hell was causing it.

Have you tried going into the CCC and clicking "Displays Manager", then clicking "Displays Properties", and then using the drop down box to force 60Hz?

Yes, I have tried forcing both 59hz and 60hz. Both result in the refresh rate changing to something unsupported upon entering Crysis Warhead.

I have been stuck running Crysis Warhead in DX9 mode (I found out you can go into the "Games" folder and just right click it to run in DX9). When I do that, it works 100% perfect.

Why isn't there an INGAME refresh rate setting in the options for Crysis Warhead? Far Cry 2 has this, and also runs perfectly at my native resolution (and is beautiful).

The only way I have gotten Warhead to run 1920x1080 is to reset all my CCC options to "default". When I startup Warhead to 1920x1080, it defaults to 24hz and therefore looks smaller and all wavey and terrible. Then I press "alt+enter" and it will "fullscreen windowed mode".

The only drawback to this is, when I shoot a tree and it leaves a mark, there is a graphical glitch and it shimmers, so obviously "fullscreen windowed mode" isn't really my preferred option.

Only thing I have left to suggest is trying powerstrip to force 60Hz.

Back