• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Refresh Rate Help!!!

claudius

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 26, 2005
Messages
120
I changed my refresh rate on my new computer and when it applied it, it just had a black/blue screen that said "OUT OF RANGE"

hOW DO I SWITCH BACK TO MY ORGINAL REFRESH RATE.
 
power down everything, unplug your monitor from your system and plug it back in.
If that doesn't work, remove your graphics card from your motherboard and put it back in.
 
Restart your computer in safe mode (press F8 repeatedly as the machine boots before you see the Windows Logo loading screen and then select "safe mode"). I'm pretty sure that if you change resolution and refresh rate there, it will stick when you reboot into standard mode. There is also a "VGA mode" that is similar. But I'd try Safe Mode first.

H
 
I booted it up again it doesn't even recognize the monitor, instead of the usual green light on the moniter, and now it has a green light, wtf.
 
Ya, the moniter wont even work on it. And i tried the moniter on tmy other computer. I think I have a new problem, lol.
 
Nope, b/c I switched both moniters around and the same thing happened (New computer=notworking) Could it be the graphics card, but all the fans are turned on including the GPU fan.
 
Reset the BIOS via CMOS jumper. That'd be the last thing I'd try before starting to suspect that your video card has died.

Pull power plug from back of the computer.
Find the CMOS reset jumper on your motherboard and place it in the reset position.
wait a minute or two.
Put the jumper back where it was.
Power up.

If you still have no video, I'd start to get worried.

H
 
Back
Top