Reformat

ALvin

n00b
I'm trying to reformat my system using the .... um.. xp disc, but when i try to delete the partition it says that it has temporary setup files so i can't delete it and install on a raw one. Can any of you tell me how to delete it? :confused

My friend tells me to change the boot sequence or something like that, but I don't know what to do it.:

ALvin said:
I'm trying to reformat my system using the .... um.. xp disc, but when i try to delete the partition it says that it has temporary setup files so i can't delete it and install on a raw one. Can any of you tell me how to delete it? :confused

My friend tells me to change the boot sequence or something like that, but I don't know what to do it.:

Your friend means to enter your bios and be certain that the boot sequence has the cd-rom first, since you're trying to format and install XP from a cd.

Using the arrow keys to navigate in bios, find the boot tab. Highlight the cd-rom using the arrow key, then using the plus key bring that cd-rom to the top of the list. Save and exit bios.

Try to delete the partition after that when you boot with XP again.

GL :)

Back