Referendum on World Wide Team

Will you participate in this Joint Points Team?


  • Total voters
    54
  • Poll closed .

SpeedyVV

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 14, 2007
Messages
4,210
At the end of this race to 4Billion maybe all of the teams should plan for a day / few days / week of common folding under a neutral team name. The point being to establish a daily and weekly folding goal (with the bigadv client returns too) that could never be bested.

Will you participate in this Common Points Team?
 
I don't get the point.

No really, you said it's to establish a daily and weekly folding goal which can't be bested.

But I don't get it....

Why? 1 Year ago EVGA and HardOCP were sitting at ~3.5M PPD, so if we all folded together our team alone would of bested that a year later. Is this supposed to be symbolic of some kind of "Well the competition is over so lets be buds?" I say that the competition is just beginning when we get passed.
 
When [H] reaches 4 billion I will switch most of my clients back to my team. I won't participate in this or continue to put my full production behind team 33.
 
im against it.. if there was actually a point to it maybe.. but there isnt.. you might get 100 people from either team that decide to do it.. maybe 50 or so people from other teams and then in the end nothing happens except both teams lose a couple million points.. the Chimp challenge was proof of this..
 
I don't get the point. You create a ficticious user to set an individual user record, making it a completely meaningless record. Why? If you want a good unity thing, come up with a way to add production under a combined team, the type of work no one wants to do. Get a couple of blades to run classic clients or beta work under PG. Something like that makes more sense to me.
 
While the [H]orde is the only team I would fold full-time for, I would fold for this team if it were backed by some/most of the [H]orde (which it doesn't currently appear to be). The science is getting done either way, so I'm good either way.
 
Nope. and 4 billion is not the end of the race. there's 66 people i wanna pass and maybe more who wanna pass me.
 
Nope. and 4 billion is not the end of the race. there's 66 people i wanna pass and maybe more who wanna pass me.

No sirie!!! After being 1st to 4 billion, we will be 1st to 5 billion.

Like the Tour de France, what matters is that you are in front at the end of each stage and even more important, always a consistantly good pace.

"...we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air,
we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender ..."
 
Last edited:
Well then, it looks like everyone shall just continue fighting! Fold On!
 
No sirie!!! After being 1st to 4 billion, we will be 1st to 5 billion.

Like the Tour de France, what matters is that you are in front at the end of each stage and even more important, always a consistantly good pace.

"...we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air,
we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender ..."


exactly im not giving EVGA the chance to catch up.. its a perfect ploy to cut the difference in points too.. convince a bunch of people on our team to switch over to some bogus team name.. while they have a bunch of their low hitters move over and keep the big hitters on team EVGA boom there goes our lead in 1 day.. if the idea had come up when we were seperated by 500 million points then hell yeah id be willing to do it.. but with a difference of 32 million which would only take them 3 days to pass us up with us at no production and them at full production.. not a chance in hell..
 
exactly im not giving EVGA the chance to catch up.. its a perfect ploy to cut the difference in points too.. convince a bunch of people on our team to switch over to some bogus team name.. while they have a bunch of their low hitters move over and keep the big hitters on team EVGA boom there goes our lead in 1 day.. if the idea had come up when we were seperated by 500 million points then hell yeah id be willing to do it.. but with a difference of 32 million which would only take them 3 days to pass us up with us at no production and them at full production.. not a chance in hell..
Agreed. It doesn't make much sense st this point when the two teams are so close and the competition is tooth and nail. Perhaps later in a year or two or whenever the dust settles.
 
The point being to establish a daily and weekly folding goal (with the bigadv client returns too) that could never be bested.

But it will be. It wasn't that many years ago that 1000PPD was a big accomplishment.
 
Exactly, I mean who thought we'd be pushing 9 mil in a single day?? Not I, not for some time
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
The first problem is that records is meant to get beat.

The second problem is that we already have a common team and it's called Anonymous ;)

I have experience with the Chimp Challenges and it's even impossible to do this properly without creating any frictions within the team. The best thing is to leave the choice to everyone with which team they want to fold as long as our common goal is helping PG with their research and toward the cure.
 
What are these Chimp Challenges you guys keep refering to?

I also saw that many on the evga forum had these chimp\monkey badges... is it the same thing?
 
What are these Chimp Challenges you guys keep refering to?

I also saw that many on the evga forum had these chimp\monkey badges... is it the same thing?

Starting May 5th every year, the top teams in FAH used to have their members fold collectively under a single name for their team. OCAU's name was MonkeyBollocks, our's was [H]ardApe, etc etc. The first team to get their Chimp Challenge name past 5 million points won. Now I think the goal is 20-25 million points.

We won a year or two, then stopped doing it after having a ton of internal drama due to people calling others out for still folding under their own name and all sorts of other things. It was a load of crap. We never finished the 09 Chimp Challenge, and did not participate in the 2010 challenge.
 
I will never leave [h]ard...I brought my f@H over from anandtech when [H]ard became my new home, over 8 years ago..

 
I may have a classic client left on Ape, not sure, I thought I put it back to me but I'll go over there and check it out next week
 
[H] never won a Chimp Challenge.

That would be correct, the first year, we finished 2nd if my old memory is right. The 2nd one was never finished due to a lot of bitching so we stopped participating.
 
That would be correct, the first year, we finished 2nd if my old memory is right. The 2nd one was never finished due to a lot of bitching so we stopped participating.

One thing about [H] I love is how we bitch! We are a bunch of [H]ard bitches!

Fortunately we can all take it :D
 
I wasn't folding for [H] back then but I was around. It got ugly. Even though I abstained in the poll, I'm glad to see the way this is trending.
 
Back
Top