Reeven Okeanos RC-1402 CPU Air Cooler Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Reeven Okeanos RC-1402 CPU Air Cooler Review - The Reeven Okeanos RC-1402 is not exactly a new CPU air cooler, but it is not wide available in the United States so it has not gotten a lot of coverage in North America. The cost for the cooler is not low, and two staggered-sized fans are included in the box, so we have fairly high performance expectations for this twin tower cooler.

Looks like my 6700K (de-lid) oc at 4.6Ghz, 1.30vcc, NH-1 (everywhere), at 66C using the Justice is still the best bang for the buck.

Sounds like Reeven should just outfit the Justice with different fans and finishes from "budget" to "premium".

They claim 12cm fans are quieter than 14cm fans for the same air throughput.
Surely that needs checking,

Sounds like Reeven should just outfit the Justice with different fans and finishes from "budget" to "premium".

Indeed. They could have two models of the Justice. I'd personally never use a twin tower because I think they literally look kind of silly with most Intel parts topping out at 95W. I'd probably go AIO if I needed that much cooling. But, I know there's folks out there that want to use these.

I would be very interested to see the Justice vs the Okeanos on an overclocked 2011-3 platform. I wonder if the Okeanos is basically bottlenecked by the small heat spreader on the recent mainstream Intel platforms. That being said, the Justice really is the correct size/solution for LGA 115x, but I bet the Okeanos would flex it's muscles on 2011-3.

I was disappointed that no Noctua air coolers were included in the charts. They've been go-to coolers for years, so leaving them out makes the review of little use to me.

I wonder how the cooler fares if you remove the 120mm fan? I'm wondering if the different throughputs of the fans might be causing a problem.

Not a bad cooler but the Reeven Justice seems to be a better cooler and buy. I am most likely going with the Justice. They still get a buy from me in the end if the case. Now why the Justice did better is beyond me, more surface area, more air flow, bigger and yet performs slightly less does not seem right.

I was disappointed that no Noctua air coolers were included in the charts. They've been go-to coolers for years, so leaving them out makes the review of little use to me.

Me too. I don't understand why [H] uses the TIM but not the coolers?

Back