reducing audio distortion in videos

CletisMckloskey47

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 27, 2005
Messages
210
not sure if this is in the right section but i recorded some videos of my band playing and the audio is pretty distorted. is there anyway that i can clear up the distortion a bit so the audio is a bit clearer?
 
well that is pretty obvious. im talking about already recorded videos. i dont have a good video camera so i just recorded it on my digital camera. the video quality is pretty good but the audio is distorted. we were a bit too loud but i was just wondering if there is a way to reduce the distortion on the videos.
 
No. Those are what we call square waves, which are when sound frequencies are literally squared off in the circuitry do to them maxing out the tolerance of the recording equipment. The sound detail that you want never got recorded.
I don't know if this is possible, but for future reference, the simplest fix is to turn the gain down on your microphone.
-I just noticed that you said digital camera which I can guarantee does not have this capability
 
Back
Top