• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Redoing my desk, need advice

Disarray

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 19, 2003
Messages
1,499
I believe some of you have seen my desk. I am planning on replacing the 3 19" CRT's with LCD's if I can get a good enough deal. I am considering going with a widescreen LCD in the center and then 2 19" LCD's on either side. The center LCD will be the gaming screen and the others will not be used for gaming, just text and such. I would like for all three monitors to have the same vertical viewing area, the 2 19" LCD's to be very affordable and then do somthing good for gaming on the widescreen LCD. Suggestions?

If you didnt see my desk, take a moment to take a look to understand what it is going in.
 
widescreen 24" or 20"?

My samsung 17" matches up fairly closely heightwise with the 2005. But has a 26 pixel difference (which is not noticeable to me) I don't know what a 19" next to a 20" wide would look like, it may bea little off since the 19 is taller yet has less vertical pixels.

Otherwise the 2001fp's match up perfectly with the 2405. Heightwise and resolution wise. With a resolution of 5120x1200 you'll be hard pressed to use all your desktop space.
 
I have not narrowed down what width widescreen yet, I hope to have somenthing with a similar screen height. Doesnt need to be exact, but pretty close would be nice.
 
id say a Dell 2005 FWP would be f'n killer in that setup. they are pretty much the same height as your 19" CRT's

Good gaming monitors also. Go with the 2005 FPW.
 
Back
Top