Redirecting a link to an HTML page on local HD

clickclickw00t

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello [H]ers

I want to somehow have a clickable link from a certain page, be it mysite.com/page.html, automatically redirect to a HTML page on the local computer.

For example, if i go to mysite.com (mysite being any site on the internet), and click the link page.html, I want it to open up a file on my local computer called services.html.

Whats the easiest way to do this?

Most browsers will warn, if not block outright, if you try to do this. Just link to file:///c:/foo/bar.html or whatever instead of an HTTP URL.

Most browsers will warn, if not block outright, if you try to do this. Just link to file:///c:/foo/bar.html or whatever instead of an HTTP URL.

This.

Then I am guessing you want to be able to edit said file, so then just share the directory with write permissions.

We do this with our internal web page. When I get spare moments it'll get moved to sharepoint.

Correct, but I want to do it to any link on any website. Maybe there is a firefox extension for this?

Basically, I want so that when my old mother clicks on certain links on her computer on certain webpages, it redirects her to a html page on her computer.

you want certain links, on websites not owned or maintained by you, to go to a local html file when your mom clicks on it?

I'm pretty sure that's.... erm... not easily possible, if at all.

Yup, Greasemonkey. You can have a rule apply to all sites, but I'd imagine it would slow things down.

Can you give more details on exactly what you're trying to accomplish? There may be a better way to do it...

Back