Red or Brown Switch?

Don't know how competitive you are trying to be in BF series, but the linear response of the reds I think is the only real solution.

It's really hard to say what you will like. I can't stand reds or browns since I feel they are too light. YMMV

I am beginning to think that mechanical keyboards are just not for me: even the K70 red with the 50A dampener hurts my fingers after a day of typing. My cheap-ass 'Agama' multimedia keyboard with somewhat mushy keys just feels perfect on the other hand. I tried it for 10 days before realizing that the finger pain was not worth the 'coolness' of a mechanical keyboard.

Think BB is getting an enhanced K70 back, unless someone here wants to take it off my hands (not going to spend more time to remove the O-rings prior to returning it).

I am beginning to think that the entire move to mechanical keyboard fad was tarted by the peripherals industry to drum up revenues from a segment that had been very static (and a good reason for that). Get a few review sites on board and soon you are selling what were $10-20 peripherals for 10X that much. Just my $0.02

Well the first keyboards were mechanical. There's been a steady following for decades. The recent surge is due in part to a growing presence in gaming and an increase in availability.

Most people like them because of the switches and improved build quality.

Your fingers may just be getting fatigued due to the low activation force of reds forcing you to hold them up. Try black switches.

^ Having tried the blues and the browns and not liking either, I doubt blacks are suddenly going to make such a huge difference to the extent that I will be a mechanical keyboard convert. I realize that this is a highly personal thing but the squishiness on regular keyboards makes typing comfortable, on the other hand mechanical boards feel too 'hard' (can't think of a better description) that tires the finger tips very quickly.

Back