Red-light Cameras Increase Crashes

Red light cameras really suck. I assume every big city is like this, but in Toronto if you are turning left you have to wait until the light goes red just to be safe. Idiots keep going straight through during yellows, and often after the light has gone red leaving you sitting in the intersection to get owned by a red light camera.

There really are a lot of aggressive, idiotic drivers going way to fast. Really why does everyone seem to be in such a hurry nowadays.

Red light cameras really suck. I assume every big city is like this, but in Toronto if you are turning left you have to wait until the light goes red just to be safe.

That's why you place your vehicle in the intersection; so you have to get out of it. I'm sure the cameras have an issue with this, though.

The root of the problem is that too many people ignore or speed through yellow lights and run red lights in entirety.

So the answer is that red light cameras don't work? Bullshit. :rolleyes:

Once again here in America we shirk personal responsibility in favor of someone or something else being at fault. Way to go America! :rolleyes:

The root of the problem is that too many people ignore or speed through yellow lights and run red lights in entirety.

So the answer is that red light cameras don't work? Bullshit. :rolleyes:

Once again here in America we shirk personal responsibility in favor of someone or something else being at fault. Way to go America! :rolleyes:

Who said they didn't work? The problem isn't that they don't catch people running red lights, it's that when they're installed, and the length of the yellow is shortened, the intersection becomes more dangerous.

Please try to keep up.

More likely because of idiots driving too fast. If everyone would slow down 5MPH, the overall useage of fuel would drop so much it'd blow your mind. But no, you have to shave off that what, 1-2 minutes off of your commute?

I'd rather shave one or two minutes off my commute rather than ADD one or two minutes on my commute. At least I'd be using the gas to do something besides keep the engine warm. And no, I'm not going to add wear and tear to the starter by shutting off my engine at an intersection. I'm not a fricking hypermiler.

More likely because of idiots driving too fast. If everyone would slow down 5MPH, the overall useage of fuel would drop so much it'd blow your mind. But no, you have to shave off that what, 1-2 minutes off of your commute?

My 3 speed automatic doesn't care once I get above 45 or so.

Back