Red LEDs for Aqualis

Justintoxicated

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
14,522
Looking for some kind of 5mm LED setup for the aqualis.

I probably don't need 6, even 2 would give me the effect I want (just enough light to illuminate the reservoir so I can see it is working. I might hook them up to a spare port on my fan controller.

I was thinking about getting these:
http://dx.com/p/st0421-5mm-0-1w-diy-red-light-led-bulbs-10-piece-dc-12v-102457

But it appears the resistor might get in the way since I'm not really even sure how you would fit the wires for 6 LEDs in the space provided in the aqualis base..

So then I'm thinking I'd rather just buy some kind of controller or and maybe some appropriately sleeved LEDs for this purpose? Any suggestions?

Where can I get the 3 pin connectors and tools? Or maybe I should just hook them up to the Hard Drive LED header on the motherboard for a cool effect?
 
Last edited:
Ok I just went with the ones linked above, I'm going to attach them to an extremely old microbuss to avoid needing any connectors.
 
Back
Top