Red Harbinger - Dopamine Mining/Extreme PC Case (Crowdfunded)

WorldExclusive

[H]F Junkie
bLPTOpt.png

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dopamine-cryptocurrency-mining-case-by-red-harbinger

What is Dopamine?

In short - Dopamine is the world's first actual computer case designed specifically with mining in mind. As a happy byproduct of its design, it works just as well for extreme gaming setups and test bench purposes!

In the past couple of years cryptocurrency mining has exploded. Today there are numerous types of mining that are suitable for everyone from average PC users with a decent computer to massive companies with server farms dedicated to the task. Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin and many others have been in the headlines for what seems like an eternity now - but surprisingly not a single reputable PC case company has come to the table with dedicated cases that have been optimized and tailored for mining - and those few "cases" (mostly cobbled together using a complex and confusing series of metal rods) that do exist are extremely expensive for what you receive, difficult to assemble, and the majority of them are a complete eyesore. Because of the cost vs. value of what is currently on the market, some people have even gone so far as to use modified milk crates and clothing racks to house their mining rigs. Dopamine aims to solve this problem.

Features include:

High Quality Materials and Construction - Manufactured in the USA.
Multi GPU Support - 6 GPU expansion slots
Spaced Expansion Slots - allow for airflow around GPUs to assist in cooling
Multiple Form Factor Support - supports mini-ITX, micro-ATX, ATX, and extended ATX motherboards
Dual Power Supply Support - compatible with all standard ATX power supplies
Triple 120/140mm Fan Support - provide airflow allowing for assistive ambient cooling
Built-in PSU Shroud - hide unneeded PSU cables allowing for increased airflow and aesthetics
Built-in Cable Management - allows only the cables you need to be seen and connected
Stackable Design - cases are scalable and can be easily stacked to fit any desired mining setup.
HDD/SSD support - compatible with all standard 2.5" and 3.5" drives.

Last edited:
This reminds me... Did anyone actually buy the $2K Cross Desk? Last I heard they were going to be delivered last November.

Kinda mexy...But doesn't it strictly count as a "case" if it doesn't fully enclose a system?

Not really a fan of interest free loans either.

Stacking them seems like a terrible idea.

Odds are...if you can afford enough of these to worry about stacking...and you can afford enough GPUs to load them with to even worry about thermals....odds are you have your own meat locker to put the boxes in to keep them cool.

I dont consider it a "case" if it doesnt cover anything lol. It is pretty awesome design though. These guys are doing something right... give me one of those with a nice peice of plexiglass and id be tempted.

I didn't think their was a market for this??? An expensive case for mining??? what's the point

I may back this fr a desktop case if i could see a full system installed. I dont mine but this is sexy enough to be my final watercooled case provided hardware fits into it properly...

I may back this fr a desktop case if i could see a full system installed. I dont mine but this is sexy enough to be my final watercooled case provided hardware fits into it properly...

The front and back panels are removable, so you can mount rads there.
I'm thinking about this for a gaming case also, and keep my Caselabs as my workstation.
It's pretty easy to bolt a window on the side also.

The issue I see with the case is having to use flexible PCI extenders.
But it's also a pro because you can use any motherboard layout without the worry of spacing.

Last edited:
It seems like a good idea and amazingly it seems kinda reasonably priced as well (though, if they could sell them for $99 they'd have a hit - remember so many miners buy a cheap test bench or a bloody wire rack. Expensive cases aren't for them. There had better be a HUGE discount for multiple purchases). However, an August delivery date? We don't know what the mining situation will be by August! Anyone who was going to build a 6 GPU mining rig would likely want to do it ASAP. I know it takes time to fabricate, but still...

It seems like a good idea and amazingly it seems kinda reasonably priced as well (though, if they could sell them for $99 they'd have a hit - remember so many miners buy a cheap test bench or a bloody wire rack. Expensive cases aren't for them. There had better be a HUGE discount for multiple purchases). However, an August delivery date? We don't know what the mining situation will be by August! Anyone who was going to build a 6 GPU mining rig would likely want to do it ASAP. I know it takes time to fabricate, but still...

You're correct on all points. That's why I view this as a more extreme looking FT02/TJ11. Mine racks can be done for $20 or less.
If buying to have something unique, to me it's worth it. The are many other expensive cases that are boring.

Just look at the D-Frame for $399 which sold out fast. Which looks better? I say this.

My concern is they still haven't delivered the Cross-Desk. Will they deliver this on-time? :confused:

If they made the side panels with radiator mounts I would be all over this. I like the unique design and while I'm not a miner it would make a sweet case. Does it say how many SSD/HDD it will hold?

If they made the side panels with radiator mounts I would be all over this. I like the unique design and while I'm not a miner it would make a sweet case. Does it say how many SSD/HDD it will hold?

Not sure how many, I didn't see any HDD cages or where they would go.

It claims SSD/HDD support:

HDD/SSD support - compatible with all standard 2.5" and 3.5" drives.

If there were a way to get a few SSDs and a few HDDs it would be sweet.

I'm sure it will go in the PSU bay somehow.
This case will need a badass sleeve job. Cables are going to be exposed on both side of the case.

I dig Red Harbinger. Nifty case design.

As far as it "not being a case." Would you still consider a car that shows its engine, or doesn't have a top to still be a car? If yes, same principle applies here.

Back