Red Alert 3 comes out on Tues! Isnt anyone excited?

Azazel90x

2[H]4U
RA3 comes out on Tuesday!! Isnt anyone psyched? Im hoping this will be the blockbuster rts ive been waiting for!

Thoughts? Opinions? Excited?

Never played any of the games in the series.

Do hope people who are fans have good fun, though.

YES
IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME
Me and my friend were both in the top 10 worldwide on RA2 at one point or another, so it's gonna be awesome.
My fav, part is that the MCP can build on WATER! WATER
Structures too!
OMFG i'm excited, but I have to wait until saturday morning, because I won't have my check before then! LOL

The game looks like a bag of skittles exploded on my screen. Although, the videos leading up to the release have been pretty cool.

A little. I played it with my friend over LAN when RA2 came out and it was a blast.

But I'm really disgusted that they decided to keep the FMV movies... terrible. It's not style or nostalgia, it's called penny pinching, the EA way.

Not to mention "let's hire some hookers with no acting experience in hopes of attracting hordes of losers to buy our game" :rolleyes:

To be honest, I'm not really excited. I could have played the game back in the day, but I chose not to. I tried out the series when it came out and just wasn't interested at all.

Does RA3 have online co-op or something. I remember reading about it and thought co-op in an RTS..how cool. Ill get it but might wait for a price drop unless they release a demo and it turns out to be the best game ever.

I'm really looking forward to this. The beta was awesome, and the game looks like it'll pretty much be a wackier version of C&C3, except with properly balanced gameplay from the start.

I'll be picking this up in the bargain bin for $25-30... That is, if I don't forget about it first...

I can't say I'm really excited about this, but I'm looking forward to the game. Mainly the singleplayer and the AI skirmishes. I like the idea of building on the sea and I like the general look of the game. I hope it won't disappoint but I'm going to give it a chance.

Cant wait! 1 of my best game of all time, hope it will be as good as its predecessors

Looks like a children's game... if they were aiming for TF2's cartoon level then they failed... epic fail btw.

That + DRM

Pass.

I was excited then I realized EA is putting their crappy DRM in this too and lost all interest in it. I dont enjoy being punished for buying a game.

Everything that came after Red Alert 2 sucked. Theyll just never learn that the simplicity and balance of the original red alert and C&C made them entertaining.

I was a RA2 junkie and was waiting on this like mad but I played the beta and it felt a lil meh.

The game looks like a bag of skittles exploded on my screen. Although, the videos leading up to the release have been pretty cool.

Yeah it's just way over the top cartoony and brightly coloured, not to mention the whole japanese style mechs feel a bit lame to me, seems like its trying to appeal to 15 year olds.

Does RA3 have online co-op or something. I remember reading about it and thought co-op in an RTS..how cool. Ill get it but might wait for a price drop unless they release a demo and it turns out to be the best game ever.

Yeah I read this as well. Being able to play the single player campain in co-op is the main reason I'm excited about this one. Now I just hope they don't decide to pull co-op support at the last minute! Just from a diversity stand point, it's great that there's finally going to be an RTS game that can be played co-operatively through the storyline (even if it is a pretty cheesy storyline).

I'm not, the game lost its appeal when EA took over. Generals wasn't bad, but it went downhill from there

What the hell is up with you guys and DRM?
Seriously, I understand you don't want 'the man' intruding on your computer and telling you how many installs you can have.. But honestly,
ARE YOU REALLY INSTALLING A GAME 5 TIMES?

What the hell is up with you guys and DRM?
Seriously, I understand you don't want 'the man' intruding on your computer and telling you how many installs you can have.. But honestly,
ARE YOU REALLY INSTALLING A GAME 5 TIMES?

I've installed my copy of Fallout dozens of times over the years.

Not everyone has 1tb hard drives in their home PC's. When drive space gets low, I uninstall games that I haven't played in months. A while later, I might reinstall. That shouldn't be a crime ;(.

DRM doesn't bother me much, and I'm gonna pick this up. Fundamentally I think the way they handle DRM is total fail. However, realistically it doesn't impact me enough to change my mind about buying something I want to get.

I'm somewhat excited for this. I actually prefer regular Command & Conquer to Command & Conquer Red Alert, but still the Red Alert series was always a good one. I'm sure it will be worth picking up.

Taken from amazon "Cooperative Mode Lets You Team Up with Your Friends:
Red Alert 3 has a fully co-operative campaign mode where you and a friend can play together to achieve victory. This means that you have to develop a strategy together, as well as execute it in synch in order to win. If your friends aren't online, you can also choose one of several AI commanders as your teammate. "

That seems cool, ill be picking this up, always liked the Red Alert series.

I was excited. Played the demo, which was really fun. I don't really mind the graphics.

But, drm = meh, and money = not much, so I'll probably wait.

Back