Recs needed on stand alone bluray player

hiodie

Gawd
I would normally research things like this by myself, but I was asked to recommend one to someone for a gift and don't personally have much interest in them. Anyways, here is what they want:

- Blu ray/dvd playback (easy enough)
- Wifi enabled (not sure if many require adapters, but would prefer it integrated)
- Netflix capable

It does not have to be 3d and I am going to have to guess on a price of under $200. If the best is $200+ and pretty good is ~$100, I am good with the cheaper option. I am not asking anyone else to research for me, just if they know personally without having to look something up. Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-S570-Blu-ray-Disc-Player/dp/B0036WS4D4

I see about 160 at checkout. Reviews look good and 3D is a nice bonus in case you ever get a 3D TV (Get DLP For teh Win!)

Thing is a blu ray player is a blu ray player they have the normal read convert display thing pretty much worked out by now. But as for the extra stuff my parents samsung was 100 USD last year and kicks butt with Netflix. a 50-70 USD adapter will make it wireless but going wired was nice and simple.

But lets be honest here for under 200USD AND Wireless you cant expect too too much. If you want a replacement for a Boxee box or something you are in the wrong mindset. These are first and foremost Blu Ray players it is just that the cheaper next gen silicon they purchase from Broadcom or these other companies now can be used more like CPUs for other tasks and that is where you get your Netflix and such from. But again keep your expectations in check. Most likely it will read your queue show you case photos of the movies you have and you select and go. You still have to go to PC to put items in instant watch.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back