Recovery DVDs with the Trial version of Acronis True Image 10 a bad idea?

jubrany

Limp Gawd
I only want to use the program once to make backup DVDs to restore my main drive.
It works and all, but even the DOS utility that boots up says "Trial Version".

Acronis says the Trial Version is fully functional for 15 days.
I set my BIOS to a month later and it didn't give me a warning when I booted up the recovery DVD, but I didn't actually go through with the recovery.

Does anyone know if I can get by with just the trial version or if I need to buy the full version? Thanks.

Seems you have a Seagate drive, get the freeware version of Acronis True Tmage from them, i think its called DiscWizard

thanks oldmx :)

works great. Now if only it would cooperate on my sister's PC. It says the drive in her system is not a Seagate, when I know it is... boo

If its a Maxtor driver, there is an Acronis True Image Home for those drives, called MaxBlast :D

If its a Maxtor driver, there is an Acronis True Image Home for those drives, called MaxBlast :D

Yeah even maxblast5 is not working. Strange. I even tried renaming the volume name of the disc from "local disc" to "seagate" and that didn't help.

I am calling seagate tech support tomorrow to see if there is a workaround. I have that PC configured perfectly and want to make a recovery set before it gets messed up.

thanks again for the advice

Well, even a Level2 tech at Seagate didn't have the answer to my problem.

I figured out what the problem was. Via SATA drivers list the drive model and serial number under the drive properties, thereby creating a device name the program is not expecting.

Uninstalling these drivers and using XP standard IDE drivers solved the problem (Just incase anyone else has problem too...)

Back