• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recovering Deleted Files

Lazarey

Gawd
Joined
Dec 17, 2006
Messages
558
I have searched for this topic, but most of what I found was people messing up OS installs. I wondered if you would use something different if you needed to recover some files that were deleted normally.
My girlfriend's sister deleted 7 novels that my gf wrote. Needless to say, she's pretty upset.

Yes I know she should have backed up something that important, but she's pretty computer illiterate.

I've already heard about such programs as:
recuva
getdataback
Zero Assumtion Recovery (ZAR)

Are those what she needs? And by she I mean me, cause of course I'll be doing the recovering ;)
 
yes.

although, I recommend NOT using the computer anymore, and using a boot cd, to prevent those sectors from getting overwritten by something else.
 
Back
Top