recovering delete folders

DeluzioNFX

n00b
Can someone recommend a good software to restore deleted folders? Normally i use GetDataBack for NTFS to recover files after format, but i couldnt find the folder i'm looking .. and i've been using this software for a long time.. The folder i deleted was deleted a week about and i wasn't by formatting, just by simply deleting it..

If someone could recommend me an alternative id appreciate it, preferably if theres a software that will let me select which filetypes i'd like to restore ( Media/Texts ) etc

thank you in advance

If you've been using the machine you deleted the folder from for the past week it's a safe bet that you can forget actual data recovery at this point as your use of the machine more than likely either ruined the data that was there or it simply overwrote it, potentially many times over.

Having said that, if you want free data recovery software to see what it can do for you, my immediate recommendation is (always) TestDisk, a free open source data recovery tool. If you care to go the commercial software route, R-Studio or Ontrack EasyRecovery would be the primary candidates I'd recommend.

Obviously don't use the machine where the folder was anymore, that's not just helpful advice, it's basically a law of data recovery in general. And obviously if you do decide to use TestDisk or the other apps, don't download or install them onto that machine either - you simply cannot use that machine or that specific drive whatsoever or you risk damaging the data or eradicating it completely.

Hope this helps...

If you've been using the machine you deleted the folder from for the past week it's a safe bet that you can forget actual data recovery at this point as your use of the machine more than likely either ruined the data that was there or it simply overwrote it, potentially many times over.

Having said that, if you want free data recovery software to see what it can do for you, my immediate recommendation is (always) TestDisk, a free open source data recovery tool. If you care to go the commercial software route, R-Studio or Ontrack EasyRecovery would be the primary candidates I'd recommend.

Obviously don't use the machine where the folder was anymore, that's not just helpful advice, it's basically a law of data recovery in general. And obviously if you do decide to use TestDisk or the other apps, don't download or install them onto that machine either - you simply cannot use that machine or that specific drive whatsoever or you risk damaging the data or eradicating it completely.

Hope this helps...

What he said +1.....imho...if you been using the pc regularly and you deleted the folder 1 week ago you have very low posibilities to recover anything....

You can try Active@ Undelete and R-Studio. I've tried both with similar results. Keep in mind that your deleted folder will not retain the folder name you used. So any files the softwares find will have non-sensical names and you will probably have to check thousands of files they find for you.

Back