• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recovering data for damaged audio cds

[U]ber|Noob

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 4, 2013
Messages
427
I bought some audio cds in a pack a few months ago but they must be damaged because even after cleaning them I get some unreadable noise towards the end of some of the disks.

I cleaned them but it is still happening, what could I do?

I think there used to be a program that would downloaded corrupted data, is there still such a thing?
 
Your best bet is Exact Audio Copy.

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

It reads the disc twice, and if there are any differences in the two passes, they are flagged as errors.

If you get two reads with the exact same data, you can be pretty sure it's correct.

You can also try multiple drives to see if one woks better than others. Over the years I've had a number of damaged or "problem" discs work in one drive but not another.

If that doesn't work, then your only options are to try a CD resurfacer.
 
Since you don't own your CDs (technically you bought the right to use it and it's the property of the record label) I suggest you demand a working copy from them.
 
Back
Top