• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recovering a deleted partition...

OutKlast

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 12, 2006
Messages
121
I have two hard drives one for the OS and one for data. I copied the main user account on the OS harddrive from C:\users\[main account] to the other drive. I looked in the other drive to make sure it was all there. Everything was so I formatted and re-installed windows 7 on the OS drive. Now I look in my data drive and the folder is there named [main account] but the downloads, my documents, etc is not. Only the hidden "AppData" folder and two other random folders remain (.dvdcss, .eclipse).

Two things, the user account folders had the lock logo, is bitlocker hiding the files from me now that it is a different account?

The other is can I recover the old partition and re-copy these?

I didn't want to forget anything so I just copied the whole user folder and now, ironically, I've lost everything.

:mad::(

Please help. :(
 
Did you live copy, just by dragging over, the directory from the active booted OS user to the other drive? If that is the case, it didn't (and wouldn't) work due to permissions issues with Windows. How did you Format the drive? Just a quick format in windows? Did you write anything to the drive since the Format? If not, I would give getdataback a try.

http://www.runtime.org/data-recovery-software.htm
 
Did you live copy, just by dragging over, the directory from the active booted OS user to the other drive? If that is the case, it didn't (and wouldn't) work due to permissions issues with Windows. How did you Format the drive? Just a quick format in windows? Did you write anything to the drive since the Format? If not, I would give getdataback a try.

http://www.runtime.org/data-recovery-software.htm

I thought I clicked on it, copied, and pasted to the other drive. Perhaps I just dragged and dropped though. I dunno why those few folders came over though but not the others. I deleted the partition before reinstalling and creating a new partition that Windows installed over (I think I may have done a full format over it as well, I usually do). I've tried 10+ programs including the one you posted but they all just "find" the new current good partition. I think my stuff is gone. Oh well, such is life. Luckily it wasn't anything too important just some excel/PSD's for a GT5 gaming league where I am the scorekeeper along with some driver/software downloads.

Lesson learned... I have a file server, I should probably start using it.
 
Back
Top