• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recover WU

Wheresatom

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
1,390
Ok, so for some reason my computer mysteriously shut down this afternoon while I was home. Well, it didn't completely shut down, it got hung up right before it was finished, but Windows was shut down.

Anyway, I was about 80% done with a WU but it just started a new one when I re-started the computer. Is there anything I can do to force the client to finish that 80% WU?

Thanks!
 
I think crying is about all that is left at this point. I was under the impression that once it started a new WU the old WU was deleted. :(

 
That's what I was afraid of. Damn. Oh well, there is no crying in folding. That is what we are trying to prevent.

Now I just need to figure out why my computer is acting funny.
 
That's what I was afraid of. Damn. Oh well, there is no crying in folding. That is what we are trying to prevent.

Now I just need to figure out why my computer is acting funny.

Stop tickling your computer... Seriously, just punch it.

 
All is not lost... Your skipped WU may be still sitting in the work folder so download and run qfix so it will upload the partial work and redeem partial credit.

 
One of the reasons I'm using the backup that Killer[MoB] wrote is specifically for any crashes. If I'm home, I can at least recover from an hour before without losing all of the work previously done. Even if it starts a new one, I can let it finish the new one, recover the backup and then let it finish the old one.

 
was the reboot or crash due to windows updates downloading and installing automatically?
 
Back
Top