recover project form works!?

drjonas0

Weaksauce
someone i know was typing a book in works, she was about 130 pages in and when she went to his ctrl+s to save, she accidently did ctrl+a and thinking she had saved, she kept typing, she typed a bit more and later saved (ctrl+s) but now everything is gone. She has no backups and i just curious if anyone knows how to recover something like that from works. i mean do they make temp files that might be recoverable somewhere or anything??
anyway please let me know if you have any thoughts
(btw, its probably the newest version of works, it came on a new eMachines)

not sure about the specifics of works
but traditional direct sector recovery aps would likely recover anything that hasnt been overwritten, trick would be finding where it was (thus any deleted data is recovered, since all deleting does is remove the pointer to the data so that space can be employed again)

well it wasnt exactly deleted... it was overwritten, so i dont know if there are any remaining traces
=\
thanks for the reply tho

there isnt an dedicated address space of sectors 345675 through 345698 for a specific ap
thus the actual location of the lost data isnt necessarilly the same place or amount that the few pages written subsequently would be,
as soon as you suffer any data loss you stop activity and try to recover,
the longer you write anything from temp files and logs ect
the more likely the physical location of the lost data will be overwritten

thus the absolutely worst thing is defragmenting

Id recommend Filescavenger

Back