A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
I need your help. I want to record TV show into my computer. What do I need and how do i do it? I'm buiding a new computer and it will be 3.4 Ghz, so that why i want to do this. If anyone could help me, thank you so much. Thank you.
www.mythtv.org -- although this is for linux users.. but you can remotely record tv from other computers via apache.. and you need at least one computer with mysql installed.. but it is hands down the best tvio like software I have seen so far.
You can also stream videos from other computers to your mythTV box... as well as stream your recorded tv to other computers on the network.
It can also pause live tv..
Only downside is it works with only like 3 or 4 capture cards.. pvr-250/350 / leadtek 2000xp deluxe just to name a few.
I even got my remote to work with it, and it is pretty sweet to pause live tv and watch recorded/live tv by streaming it to my other computers.
It is pretty complicated to setup, but if you don't want a tivo set top like box.. and just want to record tv and that is it.. you might look at other stuff