recording vioce

jeebus

Weaksauce
i wanna record my vioce and send a clip to a friend via email to poland. i have a headset and windows xp. what i want to make sure is that this clip can be played in windows media player.

got any suggestions on how to do this?

jeebus said:
i wanna record my vioce and send a clip to a friend via email to poland. i have a headset and windows xp. what i want to make sure is that this clip can be played in windows media player.

got any suggestions on how to do this?

You have lots of options. The easiest way is to go to Start>Programs>Accessories>Entertainment>Sound Recorder. Set up your microphone. Press the red record button and when you're done talking just hit the stop button. You can now save the file you just recorded, but only as a .WAV. WAVs will play in media player, but it'll be sort of a large file. You can compress the file size by converting to mp3 with a free program like dbpoweramp (http://www.download.com/dBpowerAmp-Music-Converter/3000-2140_4-10341187.html?tag=lst-0-1). And yes, mp3s should also play in windows media player. Good luck.

jeebus said:
itll work in poland?

If your friend in Poland has Winamp or Windows Media Player or any other media player in general, he should have no problems. WAV and MP3 are two of the most common sound formats.

Back