Recording software

Eagle156

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
2,242
Is there any FREE software out there that will record all audio coming out of the computer? FRAPS doesn't seem to record voice from the microphone. The thing is though, it has to be low profile as it's for recording some gaming on an AMD XP 2800+.
 
If you have an X-fi, look at the "record what you are hearing" option in the Audio Creation panel. I believe the A2 had something like that too. As for free software, I can't think of anything. Post back if you find something.
 
Replay Audio.

It has a few different options, but one is it simply tapping the sound hardware, and recording directly to file.

I used it for recording MP3's from shoutcast stations. A couple of my songs have a windows beep in the background if you listen carefully, but otherwise it worked very well. It even intelligently separated songs, and used CDDB to label the files.

zv
 
Replay Audio.

It has a few different options, but one is it simply tapping the sound hardware, and recording directly to file.

I used it for recording MP3's from shoutcast stations. A couple of my songs have a windows beep in the background if you listen carefully, but otherwise it worked very well. It even intelligently separated songs, and used CDDB to label the files.

zv

Can you give me a dl link? I googled for it but didn't find anything relevant.
 
I use a program called Magic Soft's Sound Capture. Awesome awesome little proggy. It records anything the speakers are playing to MP3 format and you can change the quality. It's use to be a free program that was freely available on the Internet however it can't be found anymore.

I have the installation file if you or anyone else wants it.
 
I use a program called Magic Soft's Sound Capture. Awesome awesome little proggy. It records anything the speakers are playing to MP3 format and you can change the quality. It's use to be a free program that was freely available on the Internet however it can't be found anymore.

I have the installation file if you or anyone else wants it.

I found it here: http://www.download.com/3000-2168-10117490.html
That's exactly what I needed. Thanks.:D
 
I use Audacity, if you're still looking. 100% free and will 'export' to WMA, MP3, or Ogg Vorbis.I think it can record in 5.1, but I'm certain it can at least do stereo. I really like it and it works beautifully.

~Ibrahim~
 
eagle, in the creative mixer, check the source for recording - it is the fader on your right. It should be set to "What You hear". Once this is done you will record all audio using any piece of software, often the source can be selected in the app as well, but it is actually in the driver.
 
Back
Top