Recording on PC

rylenol

n00b
Joined
Jul 25, 2006
Messages
60
Hello everyone, I have an MXL64 condenser mic, a DMP3 m-audio preamp, and a $55 dollar Creative Audigy card. Cool Edit Pro 2 is my recording and editing program, but when I try recording the background noise is very apparent. The quality just does not sound good at all, am I missing something because the preamp and the mic are of good quality, would getting a better sound card drastically increase recording quality? I am doing hiphop vocal recording. Thanks.
 
You have it connected in this order right?
Microphone -> Mic Preamp -> soundcards Line_in.

The Mic_in on the soundcard would be junk. The line_in would be better But Creative Labs cards aren't exactly known for being good recording cards. I wouild suggest if you want to lay down some good tracks that the rest of your gear is decent for recording what your missing is a soundcard up to the task. Look at cards designed for audio production.
 
Back
Top