Recording on computer, sounds horrible.

Xenomaniac

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 12, 2003
Messages
1,592
I'm a DJ and I'm trying to set up my computer so I can record my mixes on my new computer. I've done this before on my last computer. I set it up to record and it just sounds............awful. I have the recording mixer on the computer down to almost 0 just so Cool Edit doesn't red line. When I play it back, it sounds mono, no bass, treb. It sounds flat. I've tried using a newer cord and no change. I'm using my on board sound card input slot because I don't have a sound card or any other recording device. I've done this before on my last computer and it sounded great but it sounds terrible on my new one. Does anyone have any suggestions or possibly know some good recording hardware devices I should get instead?

Computer is in sig.
 
Onboard sound cards aren't designed for recording. Get a decent pro card such as the Creative EMU series.
 
Yeah, it's your onboard sound. Try something like the M-Audio Fast Track Pro, which is great for Djing.
 
I do some guitar recording with my macbook's onboard sound it sounds good, do you have any software equalizers turned on or anything?
 
I do some guitar recording with my macbook's onboard sound it sounds good, do you have any software equalizers turned on or anything?

The Macbook's integrated audio is much better then the Realtek POS that he has in his computer.
 
Basically, 99% of the consumer cards out there, especially the onboard ones, are NOT made to handle audio in anything resembling a professional manner. If you plan on doing anything that sounds any good, an entry-level "pro" card will set you back around $100-150, and will beat the living shit out of anything you can find at Best Buy.

The M-Audio 24/96 is pretty much the best way to go: (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Audiophile2496/)
 
Back
Top